Causes We Support
The Foundation was honored to award $100,000 in grants in May 2016.
We continue to help ease the financial burden of ever-increasing medical costs for those patients suffering from kidney disease, thanks in large part to funds raised at our 13th Annual Willie Stargell Celebrity Invitational held in November 2015.
Grant Recipients Include:
- Willie “Pops” Stargell Kidney Dialysis Center at New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- UNC-Chapel Hill Kidney Transplant Program
- Duke University Kidney Transplant Program
- DaVita Dialysis Emergency Kidney Fund
- Eastern Carolina University Transplant Program
- Carolinas Medical Center Transplant Program
- Step Up for Soldiers
We are excited to announce that in August 2016, New Hanover Regional Medical Center received two new Fresenius dialysis machines for the Willie “Pops” Stargell Dialysis Unit. These machines were purchased through grants gifted by the Willie Stargell Foundation. These machines are indicated for acute and chronic hemodialysis therapy.