Causes We Support
The Foundation Was Honored to Award $165,000 in Grants in April of 2018.
We continue to help ease the financial burden of ever-increasing medical costs for those patients suffering from kidney disease, thanks in large part to funds raised at our 15th Anniversary Willie Stargell Celebrity Invitational held in November 2017. Please join us this year in helping us reach our goal of $600,000 during the 16th Annual Willie Stargell Celebrity Invitational, November 9th-11th!
Grant Recipients Include:
- Willie “Pops” Stargell Kidney Dialysis Center at New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- DaVita Dialysis Emergency Kidney Fund
- UNC-Chapel Hill Transplant Outreach Program
- Duke University Transplant Outreach Program
- Eastern Carolina University Transplant Program
- Carolinas Medical Center Kidney Transplant Program
- UNCW Nursing Program
- Cape Fear Community College Nursing Program
- Wake Forest Baptist Health
We are excited to announce that in August 2016, New Hanover Regional Medical Center received two new Fresenius dialysis machines for the Willie “Pops” Stargell Dialysis Unit. These machines were purchased through grants gifted by the Willie Stargell Foundation. These machines are indicated for acute and chronic hemodialysis therapy.
Dr. James McCabe.. “I just had to call “WILLIE” to save another life. I am so thankful we have the technology. I am so thankful WIllie is helping people. He is smiling and I have a feeling he is proud of all you have done for this hospital in his name” (9/25/17)
The “Willie” is one of the life saving dialysis machines the Willie Stargell Foundation purchased. This is why we do what we do.