Since its inception, the Willie Stargell Foundation has raised funds to fight kidney disease and improve patient care in honor of Pittsburgh Pirate and Baseball Hall of Fame member Willie Stargell.
The Willie Stargell Foundation supports kidney disease research and patient care with funds raised through our annual Willie Stargell Celebrity Invitational and from generous public and private donations.
Margaret Weller-Stargell, President
Michelle Hackman, Event Director
David H. Davis
Natalie Davis, Treasurer
JoAnne Fox, Secretary
Tim Gardner, Chair
James McCabe, MD
Beth Quinn, Vice Chair
THOSE WHO BENEFIT FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION
The Foundation was honored to award $100,000 in grants in May 2015, and continues to help ease the financial burden of ever-increasing medical costs for those patients suffering from kidney disease, thanks in large part to funds raised at our 12th Annual Willie Stargell Celebrity Invitational held in November 2014.
Grant Recipients Include:
- Willie "Pops" Stargell Kidney Dialysis Center at New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- UNC-Chapel Hill Kidney Transplant Program
- Duke University Kidney Transplant Program
- DaVita Dialysis Emergency Kidney Fund
- Eastern Carolina University Transplant Program
- Carolinas Medical Center Transplant Program